Chocolate Chaga Elixir by Forest Folk Fungi
Lean back on your toadstool and enjoy a drop or three of this delicious chocolate-mint infused medicinal mushroom elixir. With the heart-opening and mood-lifting qualities of cacao and the restorative support of chaga and reishi mushrooms, you'll be blissed out and praising this wondrous life in no time.
Why we love it: First of all, we love how eco-conscious of their harvesting Ali and Joe are. Chaga is currently being over-harvested in the wild. To protect this important medicine this is how they harvest Chaga mushroom in their own words:
1. We limit our annual chaga use and harvest to 5 lbs or less. If we sell out, we sell out.
2. When wildcrafting, we always leave behind at least 25% of a chaga conk to allow for regrowth.
3. We make medicine for you, then use the "leftover" chaga grounds up to 10 times in our home kitchen for personal use.
4. There is no guarantee that we will continue to formulate with chaga. We evaluate this decision every year.
5. We place great value on our forests, working to protect them locally and supporting those acting on a more global scale.
For more reading on walking in reciprocity with the forest, you can find Ali's essay on mushroom foraging for the Alchemist's Kitchen here.
Ingredients: responsibly wildcrafted Chaga (Inonotus obliquus), responsibly wildcrafted Hemlock Reishi mushroom (Ganoderma tsugae), organic Reishi mushroom (Ganoderma lucidum), organic cacao, organic peppermint, organic vegetable glycerin, certified non-gmo cane spirits, wild spring water
To use: Enjoy 1-2 dropperfuls as a heart-opening ritual.
2 oz / 60 mL