We love golden milk in the winter. It is warming and nourishing and the sweetness from the honey offsets the pungent turmeric flavor beautifully. Just when the winter makes your joints feel creaky and your muscles tense, turmeric is ready to be harvested and remedy all of those issues exacerbated by the cold weather.
You will need:
- 1 cup milk or milk substitute
- 1 tablespoon ghee (or butter or coconut oil)
- 1 tablespoon turmeric root of turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom, nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger (optional)
- Melt the ghee in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add turmeric and spices and stir continuously for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add milk and stir until steaming hot.
- Place in a blender on high for 30 seconds.
- Strain and pour to enjoy immediately.
Feel free to add a few cashews or some hemp seeds into the blender for extra fat, flavor, nutrition, and frothiness. If you want a less potent turmeric flavor, strain ingredients before adding to blender.